Erica Michitsch, PT, DPT, WCS
Co-Owner of Solstice Physiotherapy
CO-OWNER OF SOLSTICE PT
Degrees, Certifications; Research
- BS Biology, Villanova University, PA
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT), Rutgers University
- Women’s Health Clinical Specialist (WCS), American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Member, International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS)
- Pilates Teaching Certification, Polestar
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Certification, Hawks Grips Tools
- Endometriosis Physical Therapist, iCareBetter.com
- Published in the Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT) September 2013: The Efficacy of Dry Needling for Upper Quarter Myofascial Pain Syndrome: A Systematic Review
- Additional Training: Low Pressure Fitness, Hypopressives; Dry Needling, Visceral Mobilization, Institute of Physical Art (IPA) Movement Techniques
- Erica’s passion for physical therapy began after she suffered a knee injury as a competitive athlete at Villanova University. She earned her BS in Biology from Villanova and received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Rutgers University.
“Early in my career, I was fortunate to have the opportunity to develop and launch a pelvic-floor therapy program and was thrilled with the positive feedback from both doctors and patients. As a result, I became hooked on the pelvic-floor specialty field of therapy!
I believe there is a mind-body connection that impacts health. And there is evidence to support this. I also believe that patients can get back to doing a sport or exercise with the right guidance. So using an evidence-based, holistic treatment approach, my patients will develop a better awareness of their bodies, which may contribute to a reduction of pain and symptoms. Less pain means you can return to doing what you love.
I embrace challenges and together, patients and I will work to resolve their pelvic-floor condition. As co-owner of Solstice Physiotherapy, I know our team is ready to help. Even though owning a business keeps me busy, I make time to have fun with my husband and two sons. I love to ski, am a dedicated yogi, do pilates, and practice mindfulness.”