Claire Hamnet, PT, DPT, WCS, PRPC, CLT
Director of Clinical Education, Solstice Physiotherapy
Degrees & Certifications
- BS Kinesiology with Biology Minor, BA Spanish, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)/Advanced Orthopedics Specialty Track, Columbia University
- Clinical Residency, Women's Health, Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
- PhD Student, Women’s-Health Physical Therapy, Texas Woman’s University
- Certificate in Women’s Health & Physical Therapy, Texas Woman’s University
- Women’s Health Clinical Specialist (WCS), American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Pelvic Rehabilitation Professional Certification (PRPC), Herman & Wallace
- Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT), Norton School of Lymphatic Therapy
- Director, Early Professional Special Interest Group (EPSIG), Academy of Pelvic Health (APTA)
- Endometriosis Physical Therapist, iCareBetter.com
Published in the Journal of Women's Health Physical Therapy (JWHPT) April/June 2021: Can an Outpatient Exercise Program for Pregnancy-Related Pelvic Girdle Pain Improve Pain and Function Versus Education? A Feasibility Study.
“During college, I worked at a pelvic-health physical therapy clinic. I was able to see first-hand how life-changing pelvic floor physical therapy can be. This experience is what caused me to choose this therapy field. I am currently continuing my education in a PhD program.
The more we can learn about pelvic floor dysfunction and the more clinical evidence we collect, the better treatments we can develop. I regularly consult available research and evidence so that I can provide patients with the highest level of care. I believe that listening to a patient’s complete story is the first step in the healing journey. I am committed to fostering an inclusive and comfortable environment for you.
I live in Manhattan and love to explore NYC and travel beyond. When not relaxing with my cat, Moo, you can find me participating in indoor and outdoor sports, including CrossFit and skiing. (I was a competitive ski-racer in high school and college.) I’m always on the look-out for a good, gluten-free meal in NYC. Let me know if you have a suggestion!”