The Endometriosis Foundation of America (EFA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to combating endometriosis, a debilitating reproductive disease that affects one in ten women of childbearing age in the United States. Founded by Tamer Seckin, MD and Padma Lakshmi, the EFA’s initiatives support its mission by focusing on advocacy, funding targeted research, educating medical professionals, and increasing disease awareness among the general public.
The EFA seeks a full-time Office Administrator to manage the day-to-day activities of the EFA’s administrative tasks and work closely with the Managing Director. Duties include but are not limited to the following.
- Conduct day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining and organizing EFA files, prepare weekly staff meeting minutes, and creating reports as needed
- Act as community liaison by responding to inquiries and requests submitted through EFA website “Contact Us” and “Volunteer” forms, responding to phone call requests for information and stewarding volunteer relationships
- Process donations, draft donor stewardship communication, prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence, submit corporate and foundation reports, and assist with marathon charity runner program
- Maintain and update donor databases and other related constituent records (i.e. call reports, contact details, event attendees, email metrics etc.)
- Attend and support the implementation of special events, including guest list development, medical student outreach, RSVP management, day-of event assistance, sponsorship application formulation, program creation and other necessary tasks
- Coordinate refreshments, prepare minutes and attend Board of Directors Meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as an office manager, preferably in a non-profit setting. S/he will by a dynamic self-starter who is flexible and able to multi-task. This is a chance to join a small but dynamic organization, with multiple opportunities to develop skill sets that might be inaccessible at a larger organization.
- BA required, Advanced degree preferred
- At least 2 years applicable experience
- Self-starter and forward thinker
- Highly organized
- Excited and willing to take on new tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Proficiency in E-Tapestry/Blackbaud preferred
- Experience in grant writing and donor communication a plus
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to revise documents
- Cover letter
- Salary Requirements
Please send applications to: [email protected]. Write “2016 Office Administrator Application” in the subject line.